The 2024 Hyundai Sonata, a heavy facelift of the eight-generation model, has been launched in Australia. Priced from $55,500 plus on-road costs, the updated Sonata ushers in a new look, more standard features and even a new dashboard for the brand’s mid-size sedan. Still offered only in sporty N Line trim with a 213kW 2.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine, the updated Sonata is now in local Hyundai dealerships.
“The scope of change for 2024 Sonata N Line is more typical of an all-new model, and gives our popular medium sedan a striking futuristic image,” said Hyundai Motor Company Australia Chief Executive Officer, Ted Lee.
“With class-leading new technologies headlined by our first-ever curved digital instrument and infotainment displays, BluelinkTM connected car services and Over The Air update capability, the powerful and sporty 2024 Sonata N Line is an alluring package,” he said.
Centre of the 2024 Hyundai Sonata update is its new exterior styling, which has followed its newer siblings like the new Kona in offering the brand’s new signature LED lighting strips, as well as a wholly new front end design with the headlights now mounted a lot lower down for a more aggressive look. The rear end also has new lighting units with the brand’s new square dotted LED units.
Inside the 2024 Hyundai Sonata is a new dashboard with twin 12.3-inch screens for the driver and touchscreen, while the climate control panel is now a touchscreen and the gear selector has moved to behind the steering wheel, like in the new Kona. The 12.3-inch touchscreen adopts the company’s latest infotainment system with over-the-air updates and the company’s Bluelink live services functionality.
Under the bonnet of the 2024 Hyundai Sonata is the same 213kW/420Nm 2.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine as the pre-facelifted model, matched to the same eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. As before, the Sonata is front-wheel drive and is rated at a claimed 8.1L/100km on the combined fuel economy cycle.
Like other new Hyundai products, the 2024 Hyundai Sonata is covered by a five-year/unlimited km warranty. The first five services up to five years or 50,000km (whichever comes first) cost $350 each.
2024 Hyundai Sonata standard equipment:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Dusk-sensing automatic LED exterior lighting
- Automatic wipers
- Keyless entry and push button start with remote start
- Electric bootlid
- Heated and auto-folding mirrors
- Panoramic sunroof
- Heated leather steering wheel
- 12-way electric driver’s seat
- Nappa leather and suede upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated outboard rear seats
- Dual-zone climate control with rear vents
- 12.3-inch digital driver’s display
- 12.3-inch touchscreen
- Satellite navigation with live traffic
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- AM/FM/digital radio
- Bluelink live services with features like SOS calling in an accident
- Wireless phone charger
- 4x USB-C ports
- Eight-speaker Bose sound system
- Powered rear window sunshade
- 64-colour LED ambient lighting
Safety equipment includes:
- Six airbags
- Auto emergency braking (AEB) with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Junction assist
- Lane keep assist with lane departure warning
- Lane trace assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop and go functionality
- Blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert
- Blind-spot camera
- Head-up display
- Auto high beam
- Speed sign recognition
- Driver attention monitoring with lead vehicle departure alert
- Safe exit assist
- Rear occupant alert
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Front, rear and side parking sensors
- 360-degree camera
Sonata N Line colours:
- Serenity White
- Biophilic Ink ($595)
- Abyss Black ($595)
- Nocturne Grey ($595)
- Ultimate Red ($595)
- Aero Silver Matte ($1,000)
2024 Hyundai Sonata pricing (plus on-road costs):
- N Line: $55,500
The 2024 Hyundai Sonata is now on sale in Australia. Stay tuned to DiscoverAuto for the latest automotive news and reviews.