Australian pricing and specifications for the 2024 Genesis G70 have been announced ahead of its arrival into showrooms soon. A mild update with updated exterior styling and new standard equipment, the updated G70 range now offers only two variants – one sedan and one Shooting Brake wagon – and the cost of entry into the G70 range has risen by $18,000 to $81,000 plus on-road costs. As before, two turbocharged petrol engine options are available: a 179kW 2.0-litre and a 274kW 3.3-litre V6 – the wagon continues only as a four-cylinder, while the sedan is now V6-only.
“With its sophisticated styling touches and advanced technologies, the 2024 Genesis G70 is a captivating evolution of our dynamic sports luxury sedan and Shooting Brake,” Head of Genesis Motors Australia, Connal Yan said.
Compared with 2023 variants, the 2024 Genesis G70 range have earned new dark chrome exterior highlights, as well as new 19-inch alloy wheels, the new Genesis badge and new exterior colour options (‘Vatna Grey’ and ‘Kawah Blue’). The brand has also revised the adaptive suspension for the sedan, which has “further enhanced G70 sedan’s roadholding, comfort and driver engagement”, according to the company.
Inside, there’s a new 6.0-inch touchscreen panel for the dual-zone climate control, we as well as a new steering wheel, new indicator and wiper stalks, an extra USB port in the rear (two in total) and a new grey colour option that joins the existing black and red.
The brand has also added Genesis Connected Services to the range, which is complimentary for the first five years of ownership. This includes features like automatic collision and SOS emergency call functionality, live traffic, weather, vehicle diagnostics and calendar integration. It also comes with a Genesis smartphone app, which allows owners to check their car’s location, access the car’s surround cameras, adjust the climate control, locks, windows and even set alerts for speed and geo fencing.
The brand has not changed the 2024 Genesis G70 mechanically, so the wagon continues to be offered with a 179kW/353Nm 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, while the sedan has culled that engine and is now only available with a 274kW/510Nm 3.3-litre twin-turbocharged petrol V6. Both engines are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission and are rear-wheel drive.
2024 Genesis G70 Sport Line Shooting Brake 2.0T standard equipment:
- 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, eight-speed automatic transmission
- 19-inch alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
- Dark chrome exterior highlights
- Limited-slip differential
- Brembo brakes
- Dusk-sensing all-LED exterior lighting
- Automatic wipers
- Dual-zone climate control with a 6.0-inch touchscreen
- Heated/auto-folding/auto-dimming exterior mirrors
- Keyless entry with push button start
- Electric tailgate
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Electric front seat adjustment (driver’s 16-way) with heating and ventilation
- Heated leather steering wheel
- Heated outboard rear seats
- 12.3-inch digital driver’s display
- 10.25-inch touchscreen
- Over-the-air updates
- Live services including traffic and weather
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- AM/FM/DAB digital radio
- Satellite navigation with live traffic
- 15-speaker Lexicon sound system
- Wireless phone charger
- 10 airbags (including front centre and rear side units)
- Auto emergency braking (AEB) with pedestrian, cyclist and intersection assist
- Lane keeping assistance with lane departure warning
- Lane trace assist
- Adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist
- Matrix adaptive high beam
- Driver attention monitoring
- Speed sign recognition
- Head-up display
- Intelligent speed limiter
- Safe exit warning
- Leading vehicle departure alert
- Blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert (with braking)
- Low-speed automatic braking in reverse
- Blind-spot camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 360-degree camera
- Tyre pressure monitoring
G70 Sport Luxury 3.3T sedan adds:
- 3.3-litre twin-turbo V6 petrol engine
- Adaptive dampers with sport+ mode
- Dual exhaust system with switchable modes
2024 Genesis G70 pricing (plus on-road costs):
- Sport Line 2.0T Shooting Brake: $81,000
- Sport Luxury 3.3T Sedan: $88,000
- Matte paint (3.3T sedan only): $2,000
The 2024 Genesis G70 range is due in Australian showrooms soon. Stay tuned to DiscoverAuto for the latest automotive news and reviews.